Vehicle Reservation Procedures
1. Requestor must be a Miami Dade College-authorized driver. Otherwise, a Driver’s Record Search and Vehicle Use Form must be completed and sent to the Risk Management Department, Kendall Campus, Room 1120, or via fax to 305-237-2860.
2. Requestor must complete this Vehicle Reservation Form. The keys and paperwork will only be given to the approved driver. The driver is responsible for the vehicle, keys, required forms, gas card (if needed) and GPS (in locked bag). The authorized driver must return all issued items and completed forms to the Campus Services Office, Monday through Friday, between 8 am and 6 pm. After hours, the gas card and GPS must be placed inside the issued bag and locked. The bag should be returned to the Public Safety Office in Room 1123. The key to the bag is kept by the driver and returned to Campus Services the next business day.
3. All fields of the Trip and Mileage Log must be completed. Comments can be written on the back of the card.
4. The driver is responsible for returning the vehicle in the same condition it was received. In the event of an accident, follow the instructions in the Accident Reporting Kit package found in the glove compartment. Also, included in the glove compartment: Florida Vehicle Registration, Florida Auto Insurance Identification Card, and Vehicle Manuals.
5. Should an employee driving a College Vehicle be involved in an accident, the police must be called immediately. Once the police report is completed, you must ask for the case number. Upon returning to campus, the incident must be reported to the Public Safety Office, including the case number and the driver must complete a statement form providing detailed information of the incident.